I am currently attending the Infinity Ventures Summit Fall 2011 in Kyoto, a two-day web/mobile/social gaming industry that takes place twice a year.
During this invitation-only event (usually, only C-level executives from Japanese and international tech companies get to take part), one panel featured some of the biggest companies in Japan’s social gaming industry.
The topic of the panel was “Japanese Social Games: Trends and Opportunities”, and needless to say, it was super-interesting for someone like me. It was a bit too much of content to write up here, but what follows are a few pictures of the panel.
From left to right on-stage:
- Geisha Tokyo Entertainment CEO Taisei Tanaka (strong on GREE)
- gumi CEO Hironao Kunimitsu (strong on GREE)
- DeNA Board Director Kenji Kobayashi
- GREE SVP of Media Business Taisei Yoshida
- gloops CEO Yoshihiro Kajiwara (DeNA’s new partner)
Note that the representatives from arch enemies DeNA and GREE not only sit on the same panel but next to each other: